The Michigan Schools Energy Cooperative (MISEC), announced a new solar installation opportunity, Bringing Renewable Innovation To Education (BRITE) in 2021.
MISEC began hosting small group BRITE Zoom meetings in 2021 to explain the program to school districts. The majority of districts participating in these meetings expressed an interest in the BRITE program. Currently, MISEC is collecting data from those districts. The data collected will result in additional district-specific information regarding solar savings opportunities. Data has been requested from districts that will generate the greatest savings. There are districts with ground mount opportunities for solar. Roof mount and other arrangements will be subsequently addressed. Districts with buildings already participating in MISEC’s electric choice program will also be examined based on projected savings.
MISEC is continuing to schedule BRITE Zoom meetings to provide information to districts that want to learn more.
If your district is interested in participating in a short introductory BRITE Zoom meeting, please contact Patricia Alderman at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your district has any questions about solar energy and/or the MISEC / BRITE program, please contact Ray Telman at email@example.com.
The MISEC / BRITE program is:
- Sponsored by trusted partners
- A turn-key program
- Conservatively projecting 10-15% annual savings for a significant portion of designated buildings’ energy costs
Read more, MISEC/Brite Partners Memo
MISEC is a nonprofit cooperative established in 1997 by and for its members with the support of the Michigan Association of Intermediate School Administrators (MAISA), Michigan Association of School Boards (MASB), Michigan Association of Superintendents & Administrators (MASA), Middle Cities Education Association (MCEA), and Michigan School Business Officials (MSBO). MISEC has provided over $1.2 billion in energy services and saved member districts over $200 million during that time.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- 2022 MSBO Annual Conference Early Bird Registration is Open
- Are You an Emerging Leader?
- Don’t Miss Out on These Professional Development Opportunities
- Dynamic Budget – Forecasting at Your Fingertips
- Get to Know Your 2022 MSBO Board of Directors Candidates
- Governance and MSBO – Dena Mayer
- MSBO Bylaws and Resolutions Committee Proposes Amending Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- Supporting Each Other is a Journey – Mary Beth Rogers
- Welcome New Members