MSBO certification is a voluntary certification system, established in 1998. It provides focused training to school business officials, and offers practical information that will help school business officials succeed and excel in their employment. MSBO certification provides business officials a base of knowledge about laws, regulations, and procedures for functioning in Michigan schools.
The MSBO certification program provides information to school business professionals to assure continuing professional development throughout their careers. In developing the program, several guidelines were used:
- Provide access to information needed to succeed on the job in the first three years.
- Offer practical overviews of key areas of law, regulation, and practice.
- Identify resources for in-depth and additional information that may be utilized at a later time.
- Assure a quality curriculum is developed and monitored by the MSBO Professional Development Committee.
- Use experienced practitioners to teach classes.
- Offer classes at regular intervals and reasonable prices.
- Utilize adult learning principles and provide a learning environment where colleagues can share experiences and information.
The MSBO Certification Program was designed by MSBO’s Professional Development Committee in conjunction with the Facilities Management, Transportation, and Food and Nutrition Services Committees. In other words, it was created by professionals in their respective fields. For an overall look at the MSBO Voluntary Certification Program, read the MSBO certification brochure.
Your certification transcript is now available. You will need to login using your MSBO credentials. Click on the Certification Transcripts link on the navigation bar at the top of the page to access your transcript.
MSBO is partnering with Wilkes University to provide another option for members to obtain a college degree that focuses specifically on school business administration. If you would like to learn how this program works with MSBO certification, please contact MSBO director of certification Debbie Kopkau at email@example.com or (517) 327-2587.
Wilkes University offers an online master’s degree in school business leadership. The 30-credit program was developed to address the key issues school business leaders face in today’s education environment. It addresses topics that include public relations, facility management, financial operations, human resources, transportation, informational technology and food service. Learn more at www.wilkes.edu/sbl. To learn more about the Wilkes program, or if you have questions, or wish to discuss your education goals, please contact Anthony Roma at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 574-4886.