The Next Generation of PaySchools
- PayForIt is a secure, web-based payment system that simplifies the collection and balancing of funds for school districts.
- PayForIt is the next generation of PaySchools. Parents can make payments, access purchase records, and recover extensive order history detail. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit/debit cards, as well as electronic checks (e-Checks).
- With PFI, you can easily set up fees on a per-name basis. When the parent signs in, they’ll see only the fees for their student. You’ll also be able to set fee and payment types with limits, including family and student maximum charge amounts.
- PFI offers unparalleled options for reporting, ranging from sales and transaction reports to detailed transaction analysis, summaries of which fees have been paid by students, and much more.
Benefits for Parents
- We offer secure payment-method profiles, meaning parents don’t have to worry about remembering financial information when making a payment.
- Parents can set up automatic and recurring payments, according to their own schedule and their own payment amounts.
- Parents can opt in for various types of e-mail alerts, including the option to get a detailed monthly statement.
Benefits for Schools
- PayForIt is able to integrate with all student information systems, providing a versatile and easy-to-learn workflow.
- We offer redundancy in the way our hosted site is built, with multiple servers taking part in consistent, always-on operation.
- Our support and IT staff are entirely in-house, aiding in high-quality customer service, support, and development.
We offer a dedicated support team, and we put a priority on knowledge and learning. That’s why we also offer a comprehensive (and still growing!) catalog of training and tutorial videos for parents and district personnel.
Online payment Options
- PFI manages Student Lunch Accounts
- Purchases & balances can be reviewed online
- Parents can fund student accounts online
- Adult menus can be posted & meals can be pre-ordered online
- Kitchen cashiers can take payment from student accounts, and inform students of their balances
- PFI can auto-replenish accounts and/or send an automated email
- The functionality of activities is very similar to fees, however, activities are offered (rather than applied) by the district & activities are optional, as opposed to required fees
- A district will offer an activity to a student or group of students; however, it is not applied to a student’s account until the parent chooses it using PFI
- Examples of activities may include: Prom tickets, Field Trips, etc.
- PFI enables school districts to define their fees exactly as needed
- Examples may include: uniform fees, exam fees, school supply fees, photo club fees, field trip fees, etc.
- Fees can be applied by the district on a student-by-student basis, or the district may assess a fee on a group of students (i.e. All Elementary schools in the district, 10th graders only, the football team players, etc.)
- When setting up fees, the district can define the effective dates, the fee type (trip, camp, exam, etc), the General Ledger account for remittance, the payment type (weekly, monthly, one-time, installments, etc.), due dates, etc.
- Parents are emailed reminders prior to the due dates and receipts after the auto-payment have been applied
- Fundraisers can be solicited & collected online
- Payments can be made by both account holders and individuals who do not have a PFI account
After School Programs
- After school programs are typically offered multiple dates/days and have a maximum number of participants allowed
- Parents pick and choose dates/days for their students, based on availability
Our number-one goal is providing a best-in-class product experience to our districts. DBS looks forward to providing exceptional service and support to the Michigan School Business Officials, and to your district.