Purpose and Intent:
The Michigan School Business Officials offers a $3,000 Piper Scholarship to active members of the Association in honor of Wally Piper. This scholarship program encourages and recognizes individuals currently employed in school business who are improving their technical skills and competencies by pursuing a graduate degree.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a member of MSBO for at least 36 consecutive months before January 31 of the year in which the application is made.
- Be employed on a full-time basis in a school business position for 36 consecutive months immediately prior to January 31 of the year in which the application is made.
- Be recommended for the scholarship by the chief school administrator or superintendent under whom the applicant has served for the preceding 12 months.
- 2019 — Emily Jacques, Emili Jones, Devin Kling, Jonathan Laing, Kara Long, Allison Zimba
- 2018 — Heather Carignan, Jennifer Nelson
- 2017 — Danielle Jacobs, Michael Klosowski
- 2015 — Andrew Case
- 2014 — Rebecca Jones
- 2013 — Emily Kearney
- 2012 — John Gilchrist, Deanna Mayer
- 2011 — Karen Henning, Stacy Ritchie
- 2010 — Mark Orihel, Violet Parmeter
- 2009 — Julie Williams
- 2008 — Mary Beth Cluley