MSBO’s partnership with Wilkes University provides another option for members to obtain a college degree that focuses specifically on school business administration.
School Business Leadership
Wilkes University offers an online master’s degree in school business leadership. The 30-credit program was developed to address the key issues school business leaders face in today’s education environment. It addresses topics that include public relations, facility management, financial operations, human resources, transportation, informational technology and food service. Learn more at www.wilkes.edu/sbl. To learn more about the Wilkes program, or if you have questions, or wish to discuss your education goals, please contact Anthony Roma at firstname.lastname@example.org or (570) 574-4886.
The following certification classes will waived (a total of 36 hours) for the MSBO Chief Financial Officer (CFO) certification track if you are enrolled and have completed the Wilkes University Master of Science in Education with a major in School Business Leadership (SBL):
- Effective Communications (3 hours)
- Food Service for the Business Manager (3 hours)
- Human Resources for the Business Manager (3 hours)
- Facilities for the Business Manager (3 hours)
- Purchasing Overview (3 hours)
- Preparing Your Financial Picture (12 hours)
- Team Leadership (3 hours)
- Technology for the Business Manager (3 hours)
- Transportation for the Business Manager (3 hours)
If you would like to learn how this program works with MSBO certification, please contact MSBO director of certification Debbie Kopkau at email@example.com or (517) 327-2587.