- Market Update May 8, 2021 (Posted 5/8/21)
- Market Update April 23, 2021 (Posted 4/23/21)
- Market Update April 9, 2021 (Posted 4/9/21)
- Market Update II March 26, 2021 (Posted 3/26/21)
- Market Update March 26, 2021 (Posted 3/26/21)
- Market Update — Overview of Moody’s K-12 School District Credit Rating Methodology (Posted 2/26/21)
Launch Michigan is a partnership of business, education, labor, philanthropy, and civic leaders, as well as parents, who care deeply about education and Michigan’s collective future.
Launch Michigan team members have chosen three simple core priorities to underlie all its work: (i) preparing graduates, (ii) ensuring rapid improvement, and (iii) closing equity gaps. During the first phase of its work, Launch Michigan plans to focus on boosting elementary literacy and providing all children with the great teachers they deserve.
- Full List of Recommendations: https://www.launchmichigan.org/full-recommendations/
- Read the Phase 1 Report
Michigan State University’s report, Michigan School Finance at the Crossroads: A Quarter Century of State Control provides a broad analysis of the state’s K-12 school finance, and advances a clear set of recommendations for achieving adequate funding.
- Press release: https://edwp.educ.msu.edu/news/2019/michigan-schools-face-nations-worst-decline-in-state-education-funding/
- Read the full report: http://education.msu.edu/ed-policy-phd/pdf/Michigan-School-Finance-at-the-Crossroads-A-Quarter-Center-of-State-Control.pdf
- See the key findings of “Michigan School Finance at the Crossroads” in the form of infographics: http://education.msu.edu/ed-policy-phd/pdf/Infographic-Michigan-School-Finance-at-the-Crossroads.pdf
- MSU researchers outline the growing body of research on the connection between funding and student learning in a new policy brief, “Does Money Matter in Education? Reconsidering an Old Question with Reference to Michigan.”: http://education.msu.edu/ed-policy-phd/pdf/Does-Money-Matter-Policy-brief.pdf
- School Administrator Experience-Based Certificate (posted 3/9/18)
- MDE Clarification Memorandum 3.8.18 on State Certification of Chief Business Officials 2018 (posted 3/8/18)
- Additional documents highlighted in MDE 3-8-18 Memorandum
- MDE Clarification Memo on State Certification of Chief Business Officials 2011
Top Michigan business leaders and education experts announced the results of Michigan’s first truly comprehensive school adequacy study. Commissioned by the School Finance Research Collaborative, the study is the first of its kind to determine the true cost of student achievement in Michigan. The broad-based, diverse and bipartisan Collaborative, representing all corners of Michigan, formed in 2016 to examine the way we fund schools in Michigan so all students can succeed.
- 21st Century Education Commission Report Released
- Public Education Leaders File Lawsuit to Protect Public Schools
- Michigan Education School Finance Study – APA Consulting (posted 6/28/16)
- University of Nevada – 50 State Look at How States Finance their Schools (posted 9/21/15)
- Link to 50 State Survey Page (posted 9/21/15)
- The Road Toward K 12 Excellence in Michigan – Upjohn Research Institute (posted 9/21/15)
- Recommendations for How to Improve Michigan’s Education System – Public Sector Consultants (posted 9/21/15)