The ASBO Emerging Leaders Scholarship recognizes new professionals and helps them develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
Applicants must have been a school business professional for five or fewer years as of June 1, 2022. This includes combined time in present and previous positions in current and other school districts. Membership with ASBO International or an ASBO affiliate is not required. If a recipient is not currently an ASBO International member, the ASBO International membership fee will be deducted from the $2,000 scholarship.
Applicants must be currently employed full-time by a school district. This includes finance and accounting, purchasing, food service/nutrition, risk management, transportation, facilities, and other positions that fall under the school business office purview.
18 Scholarship are awarded each year and each recipient receives:
- $2,000 scholarship toward ASBO International’s Annual Conference & Expo
- A strong network of peers and mentors before, during, and after the event
- Exclusive training session and networking events
ASBO International’s 2022 Annual Conference & Expo will be held in Portland, Oregon, September 14-17, 2022.
The deadline to apply is June 1, 2022. Act now to apply or nominate someone for ASBO International’s Emerging School Business Leaders Scholarship.
Learn more about the program.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- 2022 MSBO Annual Conference Early Bird Registration is Open
- Don’t Miss Out on These Professional Development Opportunities
- Dynamic Budget – Forecasting at Your Fingertips
- Get to Know Your 2022 MSBO Board of Directors Candidates
- Governance and MSBO – Dena Mayer
- MISEC/Brite Solar Opportunity for all Michigan Schools
- MSBO Bylaws and Resolutions Committee Proposes Amending Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- Supporting Each Other is a Journey – Mary Beth Rogers
- Welcome New Members