MSBO offers two academic scholarships, which encourage and recognize individuals currently employed in school business.
The Mark and Kay Stebbins Scholarship is targeted to members who are improving their technical skills and competencies by furthering their education. The Wally Piper Scholarship recognizes members pursuing a graduate degree.
The MSBO Board approved changes to the Stebbins Scholarship application that makes it easier for members to qualify by requiring applicants be employed on a full-time basis in a school business position for at least 12 consecutive months (previous requirements included 36 consecutive months of full-time employment). The scholarship can also be used for improving their skills in numerous academic programs versus solely being targeted for undergraduate degrees.
The Board also approved an increase in the amount of the Piper Scholarship to $3,000. The Stebbins Scholarship is for $2,000.
Scholarship awards recipients are determined by the MSBO Board of Directors and are presented at the MSBO Annual Conference.
Detailed guidelines and criteria can be found on the applications.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- A Business Manager Looks at Sixty (61 actually)
- Essential Cybersecurity Practices for K12
- Launch Michigan Unveils Initiatives
- MDBO Update
- MSBO Financial Strategies Conference — Register Now
- MSBO Online Learning Opportunities
- MSBO Snapshot: 2018-19 Annual Report
- Professional Accomplishments Deserve Recognition
- STRESSED is DESSERTS Spelled Backwards
- Welcome New Members