The most up to date information on the coronavirus can be found on these websites. They are updated daily.
Message from the State Superintendent
- Memo — Partnership and Leadership in Unprecedented Times, Michael F. Rice, Ph.D., Superintendent of Public Instruction
Return to School 2020-21
- MI Safe Schools: Michigan’s 2020-21 Return to School Roadmap (Posted 6/30/20)
- State Superintendent Return to School Roadmap PR (Posted 6/30/20)
- Executive Order 2020-142 (Posted 6/30/20)
- FAQs (Posted 6/30/20)
- Talking Points (Posted 6/30/20)
- MDHHS April 9, 2021 School Guidance Letter (Posted 4/9/21)
- MDHHS School Mitigation Strategies to Prevent Spread Of COVID-19 (Posted 4/9/21)
Executive Order 2020-35 FAQs: K-12 education during the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year
Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order Suspending Face-to-Face Learning at K-12 Schools for Remainder of School Year
Governor Whitmer’s Executive Orders Concerning COVID-19
Governor Whitmer’s Executive Directives Concerning COVID-19
State of Michigan
Michigan Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Response
State Food Service Information
The Office of Health and Nutrition Services at MDE
Saginaw ISD Prototype Flowchart for COVID-19 Leave Issues (Posted 9/29/20)
COVID-19 and Your Employees — Impacts on Leaves and Benefits Presentation by American Fidelity (Posted 4/8/20)
Coronavirus Communications Toolkits
- The Michigan School Public Relations Association (MSPRA) released a Toolkit for Communicating about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). It highlights ways that school districts may choose to communicate about COVID-19.
- Free resources and best practices from the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA) to share info about COVID-19 with your community. COVID-19 Communications Toolkit.
- Student Transportation Aligned for Return to School (STARTS) (Posted 7/29/20)
Computer Equipment Cleaning
COVID-19 Advice for Schools 2021-22
- Recommendations for Safer School Operations during COVID-19 – Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- COVID-19 Information and Resources for Athletics – Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Health and Nutrition Services
For School Year 2020-2021 the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, and Child and Adult Care Food Programs must be used to provide meals to students that are in school.