Over the past two years, the MSBO staff, legal counsel, and the MSBO Board undertook a comprehensive review of the MSBO Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation. This review resulted in several recommended amendments to both documents. The purpose of the amendments is to confirm that MSBO’s Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation follow current Michigan non-profit laws, to update language to match current practices, and to ensure consistency between the two governing documents. The MSBO Board then recommended changes to the Bylaws and Resolutions Committee for their consideration.
The MSBO Bylaws and Resolutions Committee reviewed the proposed revisions from the MSBO Board, added additional changes, and has recommended amendments to the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation to MSBO voting members.
Proposed changes include:
- Modernizes the language covering the duties of the Board of Directors and the Executive Director.
- Clarifies and updates membership eligibility language to match current practices.
- Clarifies eligibility for a member to serve on the Board of Directors. Clarifies effective dates of Director terms to be consistent with current practice.
- Adds the ability for the Board to remove an individual’s membership for conduct unbecoming the Association.
- Restates the Articles of Incorporation in a more concise and modern format.
Click here, to view proposed documents.
The proposed revisions will be voted on electronically in conjunction with the annual board election. Voting will begin on Wednesday, April 6, 2022, and will end on Wednesday, April 20, 2022, at 3:00 pm.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Congratulations to the 2022 MSBO Awards and Scholarships Recipients
- MSBO Board of Directors Election is April 6
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- MSBO’s Annual Conference Connects Us – Dena Mayer
- The Extended Early Bird Registration Period Closes March 31
- Welcome New Members
- Worry Less, Giggle More! – Julie Williams-Muz