Recognizing the extraordinary work of MSBO members is a time-honored tradition. This year’s awards and scholarships recipients will be recognized at MSBO’s Annual Conference in Grand Rapids, April 26-28, 2022.
Distinguished Service Award
MSBO’s Distinguished Service Award was established in 1987 to pay special tribute to exemplary current or former members of MSBO. It is given to members who provide inspirational service to MSBO and the school business management community.
- Steven G. Ezikian, Wayne RESA
School Business Official of the Year
This award honors an individual for their recent accomplishments and contributions in school business that have occurred during the past two years. As MSBO’s School Business Official of the Year, Ms. Sine will receive a professional development scholarship to attend ASBO International’s Annual Conference. Her name will also be submitted to ASBO for their prestigious Eagle Award.
- Michelle Sine, Charlotte Public Schools
Meridian Award of Excellence
The Meridian Award of Excellence is a special recognition award acknowledging successful practices in all areas of school management.
- Wayne Westland Community School District Maintenance & Operations Department
Friend of Education
This special award honors individuals who are not normally members of MSBO and yet, have been dedicated to serving the best interests of education and students.
- Christopher May, MDE
- Kevin Walters, MDE
Most MSBO awards are chosen by a review committee or the MSBO Board of Directors. The President’s Award is chosen by the president. MSBO Board President Dena Mayer has chosen:
- Shelley J. Promo, Shared Services Business Manager, EUPISD-Ojibwe Charter Schools
Mark and Kay Stebbins Scholarship
The Mark and Kay Stebbins Scholarship ($2,000) is directed to members who are improving their technical skills and competencies by furthering their education.
- Livia Christman, Allegan Area Educational Service Agency
Wally Piper Scholarship
The Wally Piper Scholarship ($3,000) recognizes members pursuing a graduate degree.
- Tracy Clawson, Allegan Public Schools
Congratulations to all award and scholarship winners!
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- MSBO Board of Directors Election is April 6
- MSBO Bylaws and Resolutions Committee Proposes Amending Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- MSBO’s Annual Conference Connects Us – Dena Mayer
- The Extended Early Bird Registration Period Closes March 31
- Welcome New Members
- Worry Less, Giggle More! – Julie Williams-Muz