The ASBO Emerging Leaders Scholarship recognizes new professionals and helps them develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
Applicants must have been a school business professional for five or fewer years as of June 1, 2023. This includes combined time in present and previous positions in current and other school districts. Membership with ASBO International or an ASBO affiliate is not required. If a recipient is not currently an ASBO International member, the ASBO International membership fee will be deducted from the $2,000 scholarship.
Applicants must be currently employed full-time by a school district. This includes finance and accounting, purchasing, food service/nutrition, risk management, transportation, facilities, and other positions that fall under the school business office purview.
- $2,000 scholarship toward ASBO International’s Annual Conference & Expo this October 19–22, 2023 in National Harbor, Maryland.
- A strong network of peers and mentors before, during, and after the event
- Exclusive training session and networking events
Once selected, scholarship recipients are required to attend all Emerging Leaders Scholarship activities at ASBO International’s Annual Conference and Expo, complete their online profile in the Global School Business Network, and participate in the community created for Emerging Leaders Scholars.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Add Google to Your Tool Kit
- Budgeting at Your Fingertips
- Bus Purchasing Made Easy
- By the Numbers – Julie Omer
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- Professional Development Opportunities to Fit Your Schedule
- Still Time to Register and Get Early Bird Pricing
- Trust Your Gut – Stephanie Weese
- Welcome New Members
- Who are the 2023 MSBO Board Candidates?