MSBO members were also asked to vote “yes” or “no” on proposed amendments to MSBO Bylaws and the Restated Articles of Incorporation. The proposed revisions were voted on electronically in conjunction with the annual board election. 99.49% of those voting, approved the proposed MSBO Bylaws amendments and the Restated Articles of Incorporation.
Over the past two years, the MSBO staff, legal counsel, and the MSBO Board undertook a comprehensive review of the MSBO Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation. This review resulted in several recommended amendments to both documents. The MSBO Board then recommended changes to the Bylaws and Resolutions Committee for their consideration, who in turn reviewed the recommended changes, made additional changes, and recommended the voting membership approve the changes.
The purpose of the proposed changes was to confirm that MSBO’s Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation follow current Michigan non-profit laws, to update language to match current practices, and to ensure consistency between the two governing documents.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Business Manager/CPA Workshop
- Dynamic Budget – Budgeting and Forecasting at Your Fingertips
- Financial Statement Preparation Workshop
- Memoirs of a COVID Presidency – Bill Chatfield
- MSBO Annual Conference Week Coming Up!
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- Passing of the Gavel and Welcoming a New Board Member
- Spring Means Transition – Dena Mayer
- Welcome New Members