Recognizing the extraordinary work of MSBO members is a time-honored tradition. This year’s awards and scholarship recipients will be recognized at the MSBO Annual Conference & Exhibit Show in Grand Rapids, April 25-27, 2023.
Distinguished Service Award
MSBO’s Distinguished Service Award was established in 1987 to pay special tribute to exemplary current or former members of MSBO. It is given to members who provide inspirational service to MSBO and the school business management community.
- Thomas S. Wall, Dearborn Public Schools
School Business Official of the Year
This award honors an individual for their recent accomplishments and contributions in school business that have occurred during the past two years.
- Kelli Schultz, Wayne RESA
As MSBO’s School Business Official of the Year, she will receive a professional development scholarship to attend ASBO International’s Annual Conference. Her name will also be submitted to ASBO for their prestigious Eagle Award.
Meridian Award of Excellence
The Meridian Award of Excellence is a special recognition award acknowledging successful practices in all areas of school management.
- James Stottlemyer, CFD, CTD, COD
Project: Providing Transformative Learning Experiences for Students Through Collaboration- Ferndale Public Schools
- Jon Barth, MA, CFD
Project: Hybrid Custodial Services Model- Farmington Public Schools
- James Graham, CFO
Project: Comprehensive Financial Strategic Plan – School District of the City of Pontiac
Friend of Education
This special award honors individuals who are not normally members of MSBO and yet, have been dedicated to serving the best interests of education and students.
- Chris Glass, Education Advocates of West Michigan
Most MSBO awards are chosen by a review committee or the MSBO Board of Directors. The President’s Award is chosen by the president. MSBO Board President Julie Omer has chosen:
- To Be Announced
Mark and Kay Stebbins Scholarship
The Mark and Kay Stebbins Scholarship ($2,000) is directed to members who are improving their technical skills and competencies by furthering their education.
- Jack Bancroft, Northwest Education Services
Wally Piper Scholarship
The Wally Piper Scholarship ($3,000) recognizes members pursuing a graduate degree.
- Amber Hinterman, Gratiot-Isabella RESD
- Kati Price, Plainwell Community Schools
Congratulations to all award and scholarship winners!
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Changing My Perspective – Brian Marcel
- Don’t Miss Out on this Leadership Opportunity
- Get to Know the MSBO Board Candidates
- GIFTS – Julie Omer
- MSBO 84th Annual Conference & Exhibit Show – Update
- MSBO Business Manager Academy Provides Working Knowledge of School Finance
- MSBO Certification Classes and Professional Development On Demand
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- Still Time to Utilize Dynamic Budget Projections
- Welcome New Members