Mark your calendars for the opening of room blocks for the 2022 MSBO Annual Conference & Exhibit Show. The room blocks will open on Wednesday, December 1. Watch for more detailed information as the date approaches.
The Amway Grand Hotel in Grand Rapids will serve as host hotel for the 83rd MSBO Annual Conference & Exhibit Show – April 26-28, 2022.
There will be also be room blocks available for three other Grand Rapids hotels:
- JW Marriott Grand Rapids
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Grand Rapids
- Holiday Inn Grand Rapids Downtown
Early Bird Registration will begin in early February 2022. You will be able to register for the full conference, pre-conferences, and certification classes as well as select all the sessions you wish to attend at one time. Scholarships will also be offered, and the application will be available at the same time as Early Bird Registration.
We recommend only booking overnight rooms directly with hotels using our room blocks so you can get the preferred rates.
Don’t Let This Happen to You
MSBO does not work with outside companies for overnight accommodations.
If you are contacted by someone claiming to be with MSBO or any company that says they are closely associated with MSBO and want to book your accommodations for the 2022 MSBO Annual Conference, they are not being truthful!
If you have any questions or this happens to you, please contact Deneen Hansen at 517.290.5726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are Pirates and Poachers?
“Pirates” and “Poachers” are third party companies that misrepresent themselves by claiming to be the housing provider for a given convention or trade show who profit by booking registrants outside the official room block. Pirating companies research online event lists and convention calendars then typically target exhibitor lists, using deceptive tactics such as:
- Claiming to have hotel rooms available at a lower rate
- Informing registrants that the hotel is “sold out” and to book immediately
- Representing themselves as being affiliated with the event, illegally using logos
The Risk for Attendees and Exhibitors
Attendees and exhibitors booking with anyone other than the official hotel are risking:
- Arriving onsite to find out their reservation doesn’t exist, and their credit card has been charged
- Not receiving the hotel rate that was originally booked, receiving a higher rate at a different hotel
- No protection should you need to make changes or cancel your reservation
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Celebrating MSBO Members Achievements
- Don’t Miss out on These Professional Development Opportunities
- MSBO Board Elections: Thinking of Running?
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- Piper and Stebbins Scholarships are an MSBO Tradition
- Take Your Leadership to the Next Level
- The Comfort Zone – Stephanie Weese
- This Month with MSBO – Dena Mayer
- Welcome New Members