Have you ever thought about running for the MSBO Board of Directors?
There are three (3) seats up on the MSBO Board for 2023. One open seat as Dena Mayer leaves the board after finishing her year as Immediate Past President. The seats for Brian Marcel and Sharon Raschke are also up. Both Marcel and Raschke have indicated that they will be running for re-election. Stephanie Weese will run for President-Elect. Dena Mayer, MSBO’s Immediate Past President, serves as the Chair of the MSBO Nominations Committee.
If you’re interested in being a candidate or would like to nominate someone for the committee to consider, call Dena Mayer (906) 632-3373 ext. 5126, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Names may be presented to the Nominations Committee for consideration and possible nomination by submitting an Application for Consideration on or before December 1, 2022.
If you would like more information about running for the board, visit the governance page on the MSBO website, under the “About” tab, includes the MSBO Elections Booklet and FAQ’s which outline the election process, and roles and responsibilities of MSBO board members. Additionally, you can contact Immediate Past President Dena Mayer, MSBO Executive Director David Martell or Nancy Hawkins at 517-327-5920.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Add Awards to Your Holiday “To Do” List
- Annual Conference Hotel Registrations Open December 6
- Grateful for Leadership – Julie Omer
- Leadership Skills for a New Generation of School Leaders
- MSBO Scholarships Help You Meet Your Education Goals
- MSBO Update – David Martell
- MSBO Welcomes New Associate Executive Director
- Surviving the Coming ESSER Cliff – Mary Beth Rogers
- Welcome New Members
- Winter Travel Advisory – Not a Problem