MSBO 84th Annual Conference & Exhibit Show April 25-27, 2023
Thank you for agreeing to present at MSBO’s 84th Annual Conference. Your willingness to share your expertise and the contribution of your time are appreciated by our members.
AV and Consent Form
Session AV/Consent Form — Please complete by Friday, March 3, 2023, and fax or email Deneen Hansen at email@example.com your responses.
Email your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 14, 2023. If you are providing paper copies, we will give you an estimate of the number of copies necessary in our final communication, about two weeks prior to the Conference.
MSBO attendee evaluation results reveal the top constructive criticisms for presenters — what not to do:
- Session didn’t cover title and/or session description
- Sales pitch, not educational
- Presenter read slides
- Couldn’t hear, didn’t speak clearly, too fast
- Needed more time
A few points to consider for your presentation
Stress practical information
- Attendees really want practical information they can use in their work. History and theory are interesting, but speakers at our conference who stress “how to” are normally most appreciated.
Use visuals if possible
- Consider including a PowerPoint or other visuals in your handout materials that will be posted on our conference mobile website. This is one of the most common requests we get from our attendees. For tips on an effective PowerPoint presentation, go to: http://www.garrreynolds.com/preso-tips/design/
Leave plenty of time for questions
- The opportunity to ask questions of knowledgeable speakers is one of the most important features of our conference. If you are a presenter at one of the Thursday clinic sessions (30 minutes), you may not have time for many questions, otherwise, plan at least 25 percent of your session time for Q & A.
Suggest additional resources
- Suggest where attendees might find additional information about your topic: names and phone numbers of resource people, background reading, and available websites.
Not a sales pitch
- Everyone knows that a company wants to sell their product or service, but what attendees appreciate most in a presentation is an objective, educational approach – that is what will bring people to your company when the time is right.
Up-To-Date MSBO Conference Information
Please check the site for the most up-to-date information, including parking and road construction. Click here.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you at the 2023 MSBO Annual Conference! If you have any questions or concerns or need assistance, contact Deneen Hansen at 517/290-5726 or email@example.com.
Become A Member
Join more than 3,600 members employed in various areas of school business management who are interested in furthering their careers and improving their leadership and management skills.