MSBO’s Certification Program Benefits:
- Provides access to information needed to succeed in your job
- Offers practical overviews of key areas of law, regulations and practices
- Identifies resources for in-depth and additional information that may be utilized at a later time
- Assures a quality curriculum is developed and monitored by the MSBO Professional Development Committee
- Uses experienced practitioners to teach classes
- Offers seminars at regular intervals and reasonable prices
- Uses adult learning principles and provides a learning environment where colleagues can share experiences and information
Business Office Specialist (BOS) Course Descriptions
Principles of Education (3 hours): Understand the educational process, culture of schools, major learning theories, teaching methodologies, school improvement, design of in-service programs, and the structure and function of the principalship.
Next Class: 12/13/23
Team Leadership (3 hours): Learn how to match your leadership style with the culture of the organization. Matching leadership style to the cultural landscape will allow you to increase your productivity, decrease communication problems and strengthen your conflict management skills.
Next Class: 10/24/23
Wrap-up/Ethics (2 hours): Celebrate completion of your certification program! Reflect on what you have learned and your role in the educational process and your school district. This class can be taken only if you are two classes or less from completing your certification (not counting the Wrap-Up/ Ethics Session). Elective (6 hours): Any course taken outside of this certification track but required in another.
Next Class: 1/10/24
Elective (6 hours): Any course taken outside of this certification track but required in another.