10/20/2020 - 11/09/2020
8:30 am - 3:15 pm
Join us on October 20 for a series of live sessions from 8:30 am – 3:15 pm, and get your questions answered. A series of on demand sessions are available through November 9.
Early Bird Pricing (Ends Tuesday October 6): $170 members/$255 non-members
Regular Pricing: $190 members/$285 non-members
The MDE/MSBO Workshop provides the most up-to-date information on the biggest issues facing schools in Michigan. This is your opportunity to get to know the MDE staff and their roles and responsibilities. Learn who to contact when you have a question, concern, or need guidance. You also don’t want to miss State Superintendent of Schools. Dr. Michael F. Rice’s “View from the Top.”
Live Sessions on Tuesday, October 20 include (Includes the ability to ask questions. These sessions will also be offered on demand.):
- Introduction and Overview– Live at 8:30 am
- CARES – CRF Update – Live at 9:00 am
- CARES – ESSER/GEER Update– Live at 10:30 am
- Legislative Update– Live at 1:00 pm
- State Budget Update– Live at 2:30 pm
Other on demand sessions include:
- CARES – Device Purchasing Program and Distance Learning Update
- CEPI Update
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), Universal Free Breakfast, and Eliminating Reduced Price Meals: What’s Best for Your District?
- Fiscal Reporting and Record Keeping When Nothing is “Normal”
- Pandemic Response and Meal Distribution: Potential Impact on Fund 25
- Special Education State Aid – Basics and Updates
…and more. Click on Agenda for details.
If registrants have questions after watching the On Demand version of any presentation, they can post questions to the MDE/MSBO Workshop listserv. Listserv and speakers will respond to the questions at a later time. Listserv information will be provided to registrants in the Know Before You Go.