Attendee Orientation • Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Planning for a Great Conference
- View the Conference At-A-Glance (Downloadable PDF)
- View Sessions By Category
- View the Conference Sponsors and Exhibitors
View the Conference by Day
Registration Hours at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
Walk-ins are welcome.
- Monday, April 25: 5:00 – 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 26: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 27: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Thursday, April 28: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Call 517/327-5920 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, April 26
Breakfast – Fresh fruit and berries; breakfast breads; English muffin sandwich with egg, ham, and cheese; and croissant sandwich with egg, spinach, and gouda.
Lunch – Baby iceberg with tomato, cucumber, smoked blue cheese, bacon crumbles, and green goddess dressing; chicken piccata with brown and rice pilaf, broccolini, lemon-caper sauce; raspberry swirled vanilla cheesecake with vanilla and raspberry swirled sauces; and coffee and iced tea.
Wednesday, April 27
Breakfast – Fresh fruit and berries; breakfast breads; English muffin sandwich with egg, ham, and cheese; and breakfast burrito with egg, sausage, and peppers.
Lunch – Caesar salad of romaine lettuce with herb croutons, grated Parmesan cheese and traditional Caesar dressing; 5oz filet of beef tenderloin with plaza potato tart, asparagus, slow roasted tomatoes, au poivre sauce. Cookies in exhibit hall.
Thursday, April 28
Breakfast – Fresh fruit and berries; breakfast breads; croissant sandwich with egg, spinach, and gouda; and croissant sandwich with egg, bacon, and cheddar cheese.
Lunch – Sponsored by Chartwells School Dining Services
Lunch is served in the Exhibit Show from four locations identified on the Exhibit Show Map. Participants have three options, and all items will be available at each station.
- Southwest salad – Mixed baby greens, garlic roasted corn, chili black beans, roasted Poblano peppers Cotija cheese, tortilla strips, topped with grilled chicken or pulled pork finished with a choice of creamy avocado dressing or a chipotle vinaigrette.
- Vietnamese style banh mi – Pulled pork or grilled chicken topped with pickled carrot, cucumber, jalapeno finished with banh mi sauce, green onion & fresh cilantro.
- Cowboy smokey mac n cheese – Cheesy gooey mac n cheese topped with a choice of pulled pork or grilled chicken, green onions, smokey house BBQ sauce drizzle and crispy onion strings.
- Selection of bagged chips, fresh whole fruit, cut fresh fruit cocktail
- Honduran Chocolate Brownie (GF) or Toffee Crunch Manifesto Blondie
- Chilled bottled soda & bottled water
Amway Grand Plaza Hotel Parking:
Amway Grand Plaza Hotel Parking
Valet Parking is Not Available
$32 per night for self-parking. Self-parking is available in the Amway Grand Parking Ramp. The Amway Grand Parking Ramp entrance is located on the corner of Pearl Street and Monroe Avenue.
Where is the motor lobby/main hotel entrance located?
If heading south on Monroe Avenue, make a right onto Pearl Street to locate self-parking. If headed north on Monroe Avenue, make a left onto Pearl Street to locate self-parking.
“Early Birds” Get the Prizes
If you register by 3/31/22, you are automatically eligible for the Early Bird Prizes. Winners will be noted in individual exhibitor booths.
On Thursday, participating exhibitors draw for prizes from business cards collected in their booths. Winners will be displayed on a centrally located bulletin board.
Closing Session Drawings
Prizes, such as overnight stays at MSBO event hotels, will excite and entice you to stay for this year’s MSBO Annual Business Meeting of the 83rd Annual Conference.
The 2022 MSBO Annual Conference event webpages will allow you to access all the important conference information on your smart phone, iPad, computer and tablet. A link to the website and password will be emailed to registrants prior to the start of the Conference. You will find presentation handouts* for breakout sessions as well as all the Conference details.
*Except where a speaker has not given us permission or has not yet provided to us.
You will earn CPEs/SCECHs based on the number of sessions you attend. Attendees will have to complete the 2022 MSBO Annual Conference SCECH/CPE Google Form. We recommend marking the check boxes in the Conference-At-Al-Glance in the program to create a personal record of what sessions you have completed prior to completing the Google Form. You will not be able to edit the Form once it is submitted.
- If you have any questions, please contact Deneen Hansen at email@example.com or 517.290.5726.
You will receive an emailed Certificate of Completion for SCECH and CPE (CPA) credits. 50 minutes equals 1 CPE and 60 minutes equals 1 SCECH. SCECH credit is rounded down to the quarter hour.
Thursday, April 28, 2022 • 7:00 am
Get up and get going early at the SET SEG Fun Run during the MSBO Annual Conference & Exhibit Show! Join SET SEG and MSBO for a 5K Run/Walk around downtown Grand Rapids. Participants who register early will receive a commemorative t-shirt and prizes will be awarded for the fastest times! Participants must sign up by Friday, April 1 to be guaranteed a t-shirt. Meet in the lobby by Ruth’s Chris Steak House in the Amway Grand by 6:50 am.
- To participate, register here: https://setseg.org/funrun/
- Downtown Grand Rapids: Utilize this map to see what there is at and around your hotel!
- DASH – Downtown Area Shuttle: Our Downtown Area Shuttle (DASH) offers downtown visitors and workers a great way to get around downtown. DASH buses pass every stop every 15 minutes. What a service!
- Grand Rapids Attendee Exclusives: Grand Rapids rolls out the red carpet for convention attendees! We’ve arranged discounts at a number of local restaurants, attractions and other businesses to help you truly experience the city while you’re here. These savings are not available to the general public – they’re our way of saying thank you for making the trip to Grand Rapids. Redeem your discounts simply by presenting the digital coupon on your phone. It’s that easy! Visit exclusives.
- Things to do Calendar