October 23, 2018
219 S Harrison Rd
East Lansing, MI 48824
7:30 AM – 8:30 AM: Registration and Breakfast
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM: Program
Early Bird Pricing (Ends Tuesday, October 9):
$160 members/$240 nonmembers
$180 members/$270 nonmembers
The MDE/MSBO Workshop is intended to bring the biggest issues in school business to the forefront in an informational exchange with MDE and other state department experts. Get the latest information you need to manage your district in this one day, fast-paced workshop! This workshop gives you an opportunity to hear directly from expert representatives from the Michigan Department of Education, Department of Treasury, and others who will be on hand to answer all of your questions and address your concerns.
Program includes HOT topics..
- State Aid and School Finance – ESSA Building Level Reporting Requirements for 2018-19
- Update on Legislative Activity including “Lame Duck” session
- Pupil Accounting “Red Flag” Warning Signs
- Certification Requirements of Staff – Who has to be Certified?
- School Fiscal Accountability – Current and Future Considerations
- Procurement Rules and Resources
- Food and Nutrition Contracts
- MDE Status Update from the State Interim Superintendent
- MDE Resources – Who to Call?
This and much, much, more.
Lodging: Kellogg Center
Call 800.875.5090 to make your reservation. Rate of $112 expires September 21, 2018.