The Mark and Kay Stebbins Scholarship is targeted to members who are improving their technical skills and competencies by furthering their education. The Wally Piper Scholarship recognizes members pursuing a graduate degree.
Last year, the MSBO Board approved changes to the Stebbins Scholarship application that makes it easier for members to qualify by requiring applicants be employed on a full-time basis in a school business position for at least 12 consecutive months (previous requirements included 36 consecutive months of full-time employment). The scholarship can also be used for improving their skills in numerous academic programs versus solely being targeted for undergraduate degrees.
Recipients of the scholarships are determined by the MSBO Board of Directors and are presented at the MSBO Annual Conference.
Details and criteria for the scholarships can be found on MSBO’s website.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Challenge Yourself with the MSBO Leadership Institute
- Here’s What’s on Deck with Certification Classes
- Is it Your Turn to Serve on the MSBO Board of Directors?
- MSBO Awards – Recognizing Members
- MSBO Update
- The Results of our Actions – Sharon Raschke, MSBO Board Member
- Welcome New Members
- You Are Essential – Bill Chatfield, MSBO Board President