MSBO offers two scholarships, which encourage and recognize individuals currently employed in school business who are improving their technical skills and competencies by pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree. The Mark & Kay Stebbins Scholarship ($2,000) recognizes members pursuing an undergraduate degree. The Wally Piper Scholarship ($2,500) recognizes members pursuing a graduate degree.
To be eligible for the Mark and Kay Stebbins or Wally Piper Scholarships, you must:
- Be an active member of MSBO for at least 36 consecutive months before the January 31 deadline for applications.
- Be employed on a full-time basis in a school business position for at least 36 consecutive months prior to the January 31 deadline for applications.
- Be recommended for the scholarship by the superintendent or chief school administrator under whom the applicant has served for the preceding 12 months.
- Submit an application form by January 31, 2019.
Scholarship awards are determined by the MSBO Board of Directors and are presented at the MSBO Annual Conference.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- 9th Leadership Institute Cohort Deadline Soon
- Annual Conference Hotel Registrations Open December 3
- Celebrate Your Contributions!
- Change is Scary
- How Can You Give Back to MSBO?
- ICY Roads – No Problem!
- MSBO Update
- One of the Most Critical Workshops of the Year!
- Q & A with 2018 ASBO Eagle Award Winner Robert Moore
- Still Time to Register for Drive-in Classes
- Welcome New Members
- Who Works In Schools?
- Why Your Technology Director Needs to be CTO Certified