MSBO will launch its 9th Leadership Institute cohort in January 2019. The Leadership Institute continues to help members reach the next level in their professional and personal lives. Participants experience a rigorous and challenging curriculum helping them grow as leaders and implement solutions.
In addition to face-to-face meetings and small group work, each member takes part in extensive, personal one-on-one executive coaching. David Hulings of Hulings & Associates provides the executive coaching with motivational and common sense training.
The MSBO Leadership Institute is open to all MSBO members. Interested in seeing who has been in the previous cohorts? Click here. Contact cohort graduates to learn more about the program from someone who has experienced it.
Click here to download the application.
- November 30, 2018 — Application Deadline
- December 3, 2018-January 18, 2019 — Leadership Style Assessments are taken as well as the first of five one-on-one coaching sessions.
- If you will have trouble making the November 30 deadline, please contact Scott Little at 517.327.2582 to see if a delayed application can be accommodated.
Meeting Dates and Locations
- Session 1: January 23-24, 2019 — Holiday Inn, Downtown Grand Rapids
- Session 2: March 22-23, 2019 — MSBO Office, Lansing
- Session 3: May 17-18, 2019 — MSBO Office, Lansing
- Session 4: July 31-August 1, 2019 — MSBO Office, Lansing
- Session 5: October 1-2, 2019 — TBD
Program Fees: $1,500 fee includes all course materials, refreshment breaks and meals. You will be responsible for overnight accommodations (if needed) and travel expenses. Accepted applicants will be invoiced prior to the start of the program, with the option to defer half the cost until July 2019, spreading the cost over two fiscal years.
The MSBO Leadership Institute can be substituted for the Group Solutions requirement for renewal of the CFO and BOM certifications. SCECHs will be awarded pending approval. MSBO is also continuing its partnership with Central Michigan University to offer graduate-level credit (3 semester hours) for this course.
For more information or questions, contact MSBO Associate Executive Director Scott Little at 517.327.2582.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Annual Conference Hotel Registrations Open December 3
- Celebrate Your Contributions!
- Change is Scary
- How Can You Give Back to MSBO?
- ICY Roads – No Problem!
- MSBO Update
- One of the Most Critical Workshops of the Year!
- Q & A with 2018 ASBO Eagle Award Winner Robert Moore
- Scholarships Help Members Meet Education Goals
- Still Time to Register for Drive-in Classes
- Welcome New Members
- Who Works In Schools?
- Why Your Technology Director Needs to be CTO Certified