MSBO is gearing up for its third year of the MSBO Business Manager Academy. The Academy is designed for those who want to gain an in-depth, practical, and working knowledge in school finance.
Coupled with individual mentoring opportunities, the program will assist participants in their positions, and as part of an overall school district administrative team.
Download the application and submit by July 31, 2019 to apply.
2019-20 Regions (Final sites will be determined based on applicants):
- Region 1 (Northern)
- Region 2 (West lower peninsula)
- Regions 4-5 (Southeast lower peninsula)
The Academy consists of:
- 11 class sessions
- Online technical content provided for advanced self-study
- Facilitated work sessions designed to foster skills through “real-world” case studies
- Individual mentoring opportunities to allow for personalized professional support
- MSBO certification credit available and college credit may be available pending approval
Topics for discussion include:
- Cash flow and borrowing
- Working relations with unions, board members, superintendent, staff, and public including presentations, communication, and navigating various political situations in ways that allow the district to move forward
- Auditing and accounting topics
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Facilities, food service, transportation, technology and curriculum topics
- Working with outside agencies and government organizations
$950 fee includes all course materials; refreshment breaks and meals. You will be responsible for overnight accommodations (if needed) and travel expenses. Accepted applicants will receive an email with instructions for registration and payment.
SCECHs available pending approval.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- Awards are a Highlight of MSBO Annual Conference
- Business Manager/CPA Workshop – June 5
- Comments from the President
- Financial Statement Preparation Workshop – June 4
- Five “Must Reads” This Summer
- MSBO Annual Golf Outing
- MSBO Update
- Need To Catch Up on Your SCECHS?
- Robert Dwan Named MSBO Deputy Executive Director
- Welcome New Members