The MSBO Board began the process to appoint a new associate member to the MSBO Board in July 2020. The position serves up to two, three-year terms. Lisa Truscott has held this non-voting position for the last six years, and her term ends in April 2021. Since then, Lisa has resigned from this position with the MSBO Board.
Recently, the MSBO Board completed the appointment process after seeking applicants from Associate Members, interviewing finalists, and selecting the next appointee.
The Board appointed Ed Stasiak, president of KSS Enterprises, to fill both the vacated seat for the remainder of Truscott’s term and the three-year term beginning in April 2021.
Stasiak has served on the MSBO Exhibitor’s Committee for nine years, has presented at multiple MSBO Annual Conferences and MSBO Facilities Conferences, as well as the Southwest Michigan SBO on topics of facility maintenance and leadership.
He has served the K-12 and higher education markets for more than 20 years, currently as president of KSS Enterprises, Star Flooring, and H&H Enterprises (now Sideline Sports), partnering with districts in providing a healthy and safe environment for their students.
“Coming from the service and products side of the industry, I will be able to share insights that will be beneficial to our members in helping them best serve their students, staff, and communities. These last several months have shown us more than ever, that we need many of our partners working together to be successful,” said Stasiak.
The role of the Associate Member Representative is to:
- Serve as the Chair of the Exhibitor’s Committee, which provides input and guidance to MSBO relative to exhibits.
- Assist MSBO with certain administrative functions at the annual conference and exhibit show.
- To offer advice and comments as appropriate relative to MSBO activities.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- 2021 MSBO Board of Directors Candidates
- Disruptive Innovation – Coming to a Conference Near You
- Do You Have Bus Purchases in Your Transportation Budget?
- Don’t Miss the January 31 Deadline!
- Economics of Learning – Listen to the Podcast
- How do you define leadership?
- MSBO Update – January 2021
- Professional Development at Your Fingertips
- Welcome New Members