The MSBO Nomination Committee unanimously selected four candidates for two open Board of Director positions, each with a three-year term. There will also be one candidate for the open President-Elect position.
This year’s Nominations Committee included Immediate Past President and Chair Steve Ezikian, President Mike Hagerty, President-Elect Tom Armstrong, and past presidents Tamera Powers and Cheryl Wald. The committee received petitions from one member to consider for nomination.
Candidate background information and statements of purpose will be posted on the MSBO website in February. The election will be held electronically and will begin on Wednesday, April 10, 2019 and end on Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 3:00 pm.
- Bill Chatfield, Director of Operations, Walled Lake Consolidated Schools
For Board of Directors: This year’s board candidates selected by the Nominations Committee for two open seats are:
- Neil Cassabon, Deputy Superintendent, Warren Woods Public Schools
- Jason Helsen, Finance Director, Reeths-Puffer Public Schools
- Deanna Mayer, Director of Finance and Human Resources, Eastern Upper Peninsula ISD (Incumbent)
- Julie Williams-Muz, Finance Director, Huron ISD
Congratulations to this year’s candidates.