MSBO awards recognize the extraordinary contributions of MSBO members to their school district communities and to MSBO. MSBO also offers two scholarships, which encourage individuals currently employed in school business who are improving their technical skills and competencies by pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
MSBO sponsors numerous awards, including the School Business Official of the Year, which recognizes an individual’s service to a school district, the profession and colleagues; the Meridian Award, which acknowledges successful practices in all areas of school management; and the Distinguished Service Award, which honors recipients that have attained the highest level of professional accomplishments.
Click on the individual links for more details and nomination forms:
MSBO offers two scholarships, which encourage and recognize individuals currently employed in school business who are improving their technical skills and competencies by pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
The MSBO Board recently increased the scholarship amounts for each scholarship.
- The Mark & Kay Stebbins Scholarship ($2,000) recognizes members pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- The Wally Piper Scholarship ($2,500) recognizes members pursuing a graduate degree.
We encourage you to apply for these awards and scholarships. Details and criteria for all the awards and scholarships can be found on MSBO’s website on the Awards and Scholarship page.
Submit your nominations and scholarship applications by January 31, 2018!
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- 2018 MSBO Board Candidates Set
- Best Practices Workshop for Finance and Operations
- MASB Workshops on Deck
- MSBO Update
- So, You Think You Know Detroit
- Sometimes the Right Answer is not Necessarily the Best Answer
- Truscott Appointed Associate Member Rep for Second Term
- Welcome New Members
- What Lessons Have You Learned?