MSBO offers two scholarships, which encourage and recognize individuals currently employed in school business who are improving their technical skills and competencies by pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree. The Mark & Kay Stebbins Scholarship ($2,000) recognizes members pursuing an undergraduate degree. The Wally Piper Scholarship ($2,500) recognizes members pursuing a graduate degree.
To be eligible for the Mark and Kay Stebbins or Wally Piper Scholarships, you must:
- Be an active member of MSBO for at least 36 consecutive months before the January 31 deadline for applications.
- Be employed on a full-time basis in a school business position for at least 36 consecutive months prior to the January 31 deadline for applications.
- Be recommended for the scholarship by the superintendent or chief school administrator under whom the applicant has served for the preceding 12 months.
- Submit an application form by January 31, 2019.
Scholarship awards are determined by the MSBO Board of Directors and are presented at the MSBO Annual Conference.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- A Snapshot of MSBO
- Begin Your P-Card Transition Today
- Celebrate Your Contributions!
- Cyber Security: Is Your District Protected?
- Financial Forecasting at Your Fingertips
- Happy Holidays
- ICY Roads – No Problem!
- MSBO Update
- One of the Most Critical Workshops of the Year!
- Trending Hot: Enhancement Millages
- Welcome New Members