Get ready for two solid days of information to get your budget preparation for 2018-19 off to a great start! MSBO’s Financial Strategies Conference gives us a chance to bring in the experts that will give you the inside information that you need to begin planning for the next school year!
Tuesday, January 15: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Wednesday, January 16: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Kellogg Center • East Lansing, MI
Early Bird Pricing (Ends Tuesday, January 2): $320 members/$480 nonmembers Regular Pricing: $360 members/$540 nonmembers
The Financial Strategies Conference provides useful information just in time for negotiations and your budget process — tools that will help maximize your effectiveness as your district’s school business leader. Get the latest information on economy, budget, state aid, legislation and other hot topics. Includes two breakfasts and two lunches.
Here are just a few of the topics:
- Human Resources – Your role
- National Economic Outlook
- ORS Reform Impact
- State Aid Fund – CREC
- GASB Update
- Healthcare Management Update
- School Finance Research Project/Launch Michigan
- Bargaining Tactics for 2019
Lodging at Kellogg Center: Sold out.
Additional Lodging: Candlewood Suites; 3545 Forest Rd, Lansing, MI 48910
Rate is $85 with free parking. The deadline to receive the special rate is January 7, 2019.
To book a room: (517) 351-8181. The code is MSBO.
Other Articles in this Newsletter
- A Snapshot of MSBO
- Begin Your P-Card Transition Today
- Celebrate Your Contributions!
- Cyber Security: Is Your District Protected?
- Financial Forecasting at Your Fingertips
- Happy Holidays
- ICY Roads – No Problem!
- MSBO Scholarships Help Members Meet Education Goals
- MSBO Update
- Trending Hot: Enhancement Millages
- Welcome New Members