MSBO has partnered with skilled past and present business managers to share their knowledge and experience in school finance. The Business Manager Academy (BMA) is designed for those who want to gain in-depth, practical, “hands-on” working knowledge in school finance.
The Academy will help participants develop skills through “real-world” case examples. Coupled with individual mentoring opportunities, the program will assist participants in their positions.
Some of the many topics that will be addressed during the BMA include:
- Cash flow and borrowing
- Working relations with unions, board members, superintendent, staff, and public
- Developing presentations, and learning effective communication tools
- Navigating various political situations in ways that allow the district to move forward
- Auditing and accounting topics
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Facilities, food service, transportation, technology and curriculum topics
- Working with outside agencies and government organizations
- And more…
Click here for details on the program and the program and scholarship applications.
MSBO certification credit is available and college credit may be available. SCECHs will be awarded pending approval.
The 2021-22 Business Manager Academy will be held with two options, virtually and at one location. Following is the proposed schedule.
- Virtual – (Meet twice a month – 2.5 hours each meeting)
- Region 3 (Winding Brook Conference Center, Shepherd – Meet once a month for 5 hours)
Please sign up today! Applications and scholarships are accepted through June 30, 2021.