MSBO has partnered with skilled past and present business managers to share their knowledge and experience in school finance. The Business Manager Academy (BMA) is designed for those who want to gain in-depth, practical, “hands-on” working knowledge in school finance.
The Academy consists of 11 facilitated “in-person” work sessions that are designed to help participants develop skills through “real-world” case examples. Coupled with individual mentoring opportunities, the program will assist participants in their positions.
Some of the many topics that will be addressed during the BMA include:
- Cash flow and borrowing
- Working relations with unions, board members, superintendent, staff, and public
- Developing presentations, and learning effective communication tools
- Navigating various political situations in ways that allow the district to move forward
- Auditing and accounting topics
- Negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- Facilities, food service, transportation, technology and curriculum topics
- Working with outside agencies and government organizations
- And more…
Submit your application through July 31, 2020. Click here for details on the program. MSBO certification credit available and college credit may be available. SCECHs will be awarded pending approval.
2020-21 Business Manager Academy locations – check for meeting dates and agendas for each region.