Michigan Public Education Finance Project
- Draft of the Bill (11/19/12)
- Richard McLellan's Memo to Governor Synder's Education Team (11/19/12)
- Appendix B to the McLellan Memo (11/19/12)
- Summary of the Draft Bill (11/19/12)
- Send Comments & Proposals to the Team Regarding the Draft Bill (11/19/12)
Memos from the Oxford Foundation
- Update on Public Education Finance Project (11/5/12)
- Drafting a "Michigan Education Finance Act of 2013" to Replace the School Aid Act of 1979 (7/9/12)
Michigan Education Finance Project
The Michigan Education Finance Project is drafting a “Michigan Education Finance Act of 2013” to replace the School Aid Act of 1979. The project to rewrite the School Aid Act is based on Michigan Governor Rick Snyder’s Education Message Proposals that includes:
- Proposing a new – Any Time, Any Place, Any Way, Any Pace public school learning model.
- Performance-based funding rather than seat time requirements.
- Michigan’s state foundation allowance should not be exclusively tied to the school district a child attends. Instead, funding needs to follow the student.
The project to replace the 43-year old School Aid Fund will not address special education, private or nonpublic schools and early childhood issues.
For more information, visit Oxford Foundation - Michigan.