No widely used and independent mechanism has existed to accurately determine the “fiscal health” of a school district…until now. More than a year ago, MSBO began to search the marketplace for a solution that would have the ability to use financial information submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) to determine cost effective and best practice models. That's why MSBO, MASA and MASB have partnered with Munetrix. Check out the Munetrix website for detailed, school-specific information.
There should be no surprises when it comes to the financial stability of your school district. Munetrix School Edition allows administrators and board members to see their status far enough in advance in case course corrections are necessary. Don’t get caught off guard! Munetrix™ School Edition allows for:
- upload of the district's mandated transparency reporting requirements
- building long-term financial forecasts and trends
- best-practice benchmarking and peer group comparisons
- analysis including fiscal indicator scores
- easy-to-understand access to sometimes confusing financial information for the community and school board
- the ability to upload current and future financial information directly from your district financial system in FID format
- the ability to display shared services between municipalities, school districts, and other organizations
What about the cost? Well, certainly there are costs associated with the system, but we believe we have put together a model that shouldn’t make cost a reason for not using the system. We have developed an annual pricing model that incorporates a discount if all districts in your ISD participate at the basic “light-up” level, which gives “information only” access, and at the “subscription level” which allows for full access, comparison and edit rights to the system.
The basic light up fee is $349 annually and the annual subscription fees range from $500 - $2,500 based on student count. These amounts are discounted 10% if all districts participate in your ISD!
If you have any questions about the system or would like specific pricing, contact Bob Dwan at email@example.com or call 517-327-2581.