Michigan School Business Officials was founded in 1937 as a nonprofit corporation to serve the multifaceted interests of education. It is our intent to serve all of our members to the best of our ability, to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, and to provide opportunities for our members to expand their professional horizons in the public education sector.
MSBO Mission Statement
The Mission of MSBO is to continually improve the leadership of and management in school business and operational services, while enhancing the professional, social, and economic well-being of its members.
MSBO Board of Directors 2017 Candidates
The MSBO Nominations Committee unanimously selected five candidates for three open Board of Director positions, each with a three-year term. There will also be one candidate for the open President-Elect position. Voting will be in mid-April. Click on each name to read each candidate’s profile.
For President-Elect (you will be selecting one candidate):
- Mike Hagerty, CFO, Assistant Superintendent for Administrative Services, Kent ISD
For Board of Directors (you will be selecting three candidates):
- Kent J. Cartwright (Incumbent), CPA, CFO, Chief Financial Officer, Public Schools of Petoskey
- Neil R. Cassabon, CFO, Deputy Superintendent, Warren Woods Public Schools
- Bill Chatfield, (Incumbent), CFD, Operations Director, Walled Lake Consolidated Schools
- Chris Frank, CPA, Director of Finance & Business Operations, Saginaw ISD
- Julie Omer, MBA, CPA, CFO, Chief Financial Officer, Owosso Public Schools
MSBO Governance Documents
- Bylaws (Amended 2016)
- General Resolutions (2016)
- Past Presidents
- MSBO Board FAQs (Updated 2016)
- Election Booklet and Candidate Guidelines (Updated 9//2016)
MSBO Annual Reports
- 2015-2016 Annual Report
- 2014-2015 Annual Report
- 2013-2014 Annual Report
- 2012-2013 Annual Report
- 2011-2012 Annual Report
- 2010-2011 Annual Report
- 2009-2010 Annual Report
- 2008-2009 Annual Report
MSBO’s Meridian, School Business Official of the Year, and Distinguished Service awards were created to help school districts celebrate successes and to recognize the extraordinary contribution of individuals to their school district and MSBO. The Piper and Stebbins Scholarships encourage individuals currently employed in school business who are improving their technical skills and competencies by pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.